When tragedy strikes often times people do not know what to say
They don’t know how to comfort
They don’t know how to help you heal
So what can we as a MUSIC community do to show
That we are with this family in their time of grief
We offer our prayers
We offer our support
We offer our love
We offer the imaginary arms that only we can put around them from ALL around the world
It is never easy to loose someone you love let alone a child…..
I would like to reach out to the music community and ask for you to put together a song of remembrance we would like to dedicate an a show in its entirety to Tameka Raymond and Ryan Glover’s son 11 year old son Kile who lost his life way to soon!!!! Please submit all music to firstname.lastname@example.org in subject line please put IN REMEMBRANCE
This is such a serious matter so please don’t take it lightly
check out “Authentic Fusions” Pod Cast tonight at 11PM our special guest tonight is Jazz sensation “The Juan and Only” on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/IARRADIO
A lot of times musicians are made to fit in a little bubble. Whatever the FAD is that’s what people tend to jump on the band wagon. But, I am here to tell you that if you stay true to you, you will always come out ahead. Just look at the people who have pioneered trends by staying true to themselves and their music will forever be transcending.
Tupac, Biggie, Kanye, Beyonce, Whitney, Stevie, R. Kelly….. these artist are uncompromising believe me they do not follow trends they set them. So take a look at yourself and your craft are you making music to appease others or are you keeping it as real as possible. Here’s a test to see if you are “Keeping it Real”
1. When you are making music are you trying to HARD
2. When your song is done can someone say hey you sound like _____________ ( fill in the blank )
3. When you play your song in a mix with other songs that are out ( be honest ) do you blend in or do you STAND OUT
4. Are 90% of your lyrics the same as the next artist
5. Are you topics exactly the SAME as other artist
IF you have answered yes to 2 or more of these questions then guess what you are just another wanna be…….. Congrats to all of you original undeniable, undisputed, fabulous ARTIST we are hear to support YOU
Looking to submit your music for a potential publishing deal with MSMJ Music Publishing hit up http://www.msmjmusic.com
I know that this is not the first time that I have touched on this topic on our blog but my program director has asked me to touch on it again after listening to 50 or so submissions of independent artists music. So let me just be clear keep doing what you are doing but continue to educate yourselves don’t let the SOUND QUALITY of your product ruin your chances to make it on the radio or anywhere else for that matter. Although there are a lot of entities out there willing and ready to help the indie artist let’s be honest they still want to maintain the integrity of their station as well so if your mix is not there we can not air it. Here are a few things to help you
1. Sandwich your song – Put your favorite Major Label artist’s song on a CD then put yours then put another hot song on the CD if your song does not measure up with the sound quality you should go back to the drawing board.
2. Have a consultation with a licensed Audio Engineer. They will be able to give you professional advice about your mix
3. Have your song MIXED by a professional you may spend between 300 to 500 dollars but it will be worth it
4. Don’t mix the record yourself if you don’t know how to mix a records. You are doing yourself a disservice professionals know when you have not done your due diligence.
5. Oh yeah and by the way a radio song mix of a song should be 3;45 or less keep that in mind
Trust me these things will help
Chris Cash x Matic “At It Again” [Official Music Video]
Aside from being the go-to guy to hit up when you come to Vegas, Chris Cash operates his own record label and manages his and his artist Matic’s career as recording artist. Having over 10 years of experience in the music business, 8 of which was at the top hip hop radio station in Vegas Hot97.5 KVEG, Chris Cash has now ventured on his own independent path. In radio, Chris Cash remarkably went from intern to one of the top radio personalities in the city, working just about every on-air slot and met countless amount of celebrities which influenced him in a very positive way. Chris Cash and Matic honestly and vividly illustrates what their Vegas lifestyle has come to be.
Make sure you follow @cashavelli and @matic_ as they will host your journey through the city of sin.
“At It Again” [Dirty]
“At It Again” [Clean]
Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks Again!